MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration through Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I wonder if it is possible to turn off the password encyption when you log in? I need to do this because i'm creating users from the database and i want to be able to login with the password i write in the mybb_users (password) field.
There might be another way around it but i can't think of anything else.

All help is appreciatedSmile
Create them from the Admin CP.
yeah that is a solution. the thing is that i use the forum as an addon for another page and use a php script to copy the details when you register on the main page to the forum database. the problem is that mybb uses md5 and salt.
Well I mean ... pretty sure your users would like their passwords to be secure. Confused
well yeah ofcourse but that is a upcoming problem to solve Toungue. First of all I need this to work Smile
So just generate a salt and hash the password?? You can't just turn off a password encryption system.
(2011-04-15, 08:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So just generate a salt and hash the password?? You can't just turn off a password encryption system.

Yeah that would work! Do you happen to know the code how to generate a password with the same encryption? Smile