MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threaded Mode buggy after SMF2 merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, so if the first message in a thread has a pid of 857, its replyto has to be 0, and all the other messages in the thread must have a replyto of 857?

In that case, it looks like all of my threads have incorrect values for these fields. Replyto is never 0 for the first message, and the replyto's that follow are either 0 or an ID that is not the ID of the first message.

So something is very wrong here, and I guess the problem comes from the merge system. Maybe one of my SMF modifications could be the cause, so I will uninstall those and start a new merge, and report back.
I removed all SMF2 modifications before doing a new merge, but it has not solved anything. Any other ideas from you guys?
You could try setting all the replyto to 0, this should automatically list all the replies in a thread linked to the first post. While I haven't tried this, my understanding of the code is that it should do the trick.

All your replies so far will be linked to the first posts of their respective threads and new replies made on the mybb system will be correctly linked to the post that was replied to.
That seems like an acceptable workaround.

I did some further testing: I installed a brand new SMF2 RC5 forum and populated it with a few threads and replies. Next, I installed a new MyBB 1.6.3 forum, and used the latest Merge system to import the SMF2 data. Guess what? All Replyto's are 0 (including the first posts), except for the automated welcome topic a new SMF install generates, which for some reason has proper Replyto's. Is this the way the Merge system is expected to behave? Setting all Replyto's to 0 I mean?
No, the merge system should be setting the proper reply to value. The fact that it isn't is an issue.
So it's another bug for you to squash then, Dylan. Sorry about that Big Grin
For reference, I've created Bug #1549
Pages: 1 2