MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really Weird Smiley Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I'm having issues trying to get smilies to show up on a brand new installed for a customer.

I installed a brand new board last week and a minor issue. Smilies installed in their own separate directory wouldn't show. They all had to be in the default directory (/images/smilies) to show.

At first I thought this was a server issue because the client uses Godaddy. I assure you it is not.

I tested this on my test board and I'm getting the same issue. My test board is on a different server.

both boards are v 1.6.2
ALL file permissions are correct.

I'm using Mac / Firefox

the steps I took:

FTP > upload smilies to > board/images/smilies

ACP > Configuration > Smilies > Add Multiple Smilies

As you can see here these smilies show so I can select and unselect the ones I want.

[attachment=22312]

Then when I go to Smilies > Mass Edit I see this:

[attachment=22313]

I see the code in the editor on the forum and not the smilies.
If I click the errored smilie, I only see the code in the post, not the image.

Any clues would be helpful.

I want to add that I'm getting the same issue with the post Icons when I want to replace them.
I also noticed that the smilies I am deleting out of the ACP via the ACP functions are not going away. AND I have duplicates of everything. This is really weird.
Do not add a trailing slash like this--> /images/smilies/ .. It should be like images/smilies/
Can you explain the multiples of things deleted?

That worked on my server (your suggestion) but I can't test on my client since shitty Godaddy went down on him and I'm waiting for the site to come back up.

What's weird is that I did it with and without the BEGINNING slash (you said traiiing and showed beginning) with the same results. My board is fine, I'll have to wait for the other one to come back up to test.