MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ??Group Leader/Usergroup question??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I'm still fairly new to the MyBB system so this maybe a silly question, sorry. Big Grin

Anyway, I'm messing around with the Group Leaders and Usergroup settings and having issues getting it to work how I want:
I want to be able to give certain members the ability to change peoples Usergroups. (without being admin as that allows them to do more than I'd like, even if just the "Users and Groups" section)

I have it setup so that the Group Leaders can add members to another group, which ofcourse sets that as their secondary group, only. It would apear as the secondary group doesn't effect their view forum permissions in any way, which sucks as it means me (the Admin) has to change peoples usergroups each time *sigh* hehe.

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure I'm just being a n00b. CoolToungue

Edit: Running MyBB 1.1.2 btw. Smile
ajsuk Wrote:I have it setup so that the Group Leaders can add members to another group, which ofcourse sets that as their secondary group, only. It would apear as the secondary group doesn't effect their view forum permissions in any way, which sucks as it means me (the Admin) has to change peoples usergroups each time *sigh* hehe.

Technically the secondary group does affect the forum permissions, but there seems to be a bug with it in the 1.0x versions...
So I'm not going crackers then, I think this has been broken for serveral updates since I started using MyBB. Is this issue being looked at/fixed anytime soon, do we know? Smile The issue is the only thing putting me off the system at the moment, everything else is very good, I'm most impressed but this problem is quite a concern for me.
If a bug has been detected then it should be fixed in the next update of MyBB.