MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joomla MyBB Integrator Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Forum Integrator Pack is a collection of five Joomla! modules that allow viewing of various MyBB 1.6 forum informations within a Joomla! powered website.

Each modules is independent from the others and gives access to a specific action.

Developer: Matteo Vignoli
Official Page: http://code.google.com/p/mybbintegrator/
Compatibility: Joomla! 1.5 and MyBB 1.6

Modules:
mod_mybbstats: shows basic stats like number of users, latest registered user, number of posts and number of threads.
mod_mybbtopposters: shows the top posters.
mod_mybblatestposts: shows a list of latest posts.
mod_mybblatestthreads: shows a list of latest threads.
mod_mybbhotthreads: shows a list of most viewed/most replied threads.

Installation:
Unzip the file wherever you wish and then install the modules you want normally via Joomla! Admin CP installer. Dont forget to publish them. Done!

Note: for the modules to work correctly, Joomla and MyBB MUST use the same database.

DOWNLOAD:
http://code.google.com/p/mybbintegrator/downloads/list
That's nice Big Grin good news for Joomla users.
Great! Thanks!

And what do you mean by
(2011-04-15, 11:26 PM)Speeder Wrote: [ -> ]...for the modules to work correctly, Joomla and MyBB MUST use the same database....

I have never heard about anybody who has such setup ...

I did. Just use table prefixes and you're good.
(2011-04-16, 09:52 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I did. Just use table prefixes and you're good.

Interesting. Yes, this is obviopusly the way.

I will try to change your code (thats is very clearly, nicely written, I must say) to connect Joomla! to external MyBB's db. Will let you know success if any.

It's not my code. I'm not the author. I'm just doing the right thing and posting it here, so anyone interested can know about it and use it. All credits to Matteo Vignoli, the author. Smile

And yes, for this to work good, Joomla and MyBB must use the same database. By default, Joomla uses the prefix jos_ and MyBB uses the prefix mybb_, so this is not an issue.

For an existing MyBB instalation, just use phpMyAdmin to move the tables to the Joomla database and edit the settings.php file in MyBB folder. Done!
Did someone succeed ? Smile
Succeed in what? Using it? I'm using it in one of my sites. Very easy to use and configure.
Yes , using it, can you write your site, to see the demo ? Smile

Regards
The best demo that you can see, is to install it and try it for yourself.
Pages: 1 2