MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board did not upgrade to 1.6.2 from 1.6.1 after placing new files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
reupload it
(2011-04-16, 12:47 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]I ran the file verifier as suggested, and the only file pertaining to the upgrade that came up was admin/modules/tools/modlog.php. Should I just re upload the file to replace it or is there a tool built into the control panel I can use to "clean" it?

Re-upload the file. It is common for users to miss the files in the admin folder especially if they renamed their admin folder, in which case the files go in to the admin folder while the actual admin folder that they have renamed stays untouched.

So if you renamed your admin folder to add security to your forum then make sure the admin files are being uploaded to the right admin directory.
If you uploaded them wrong. Do you wish for me to upload them correctly
Well, all fixed now. It seems that I had uploaded all the correct files into a double admin directory I had created on accident. Later last night, I realized I created the redundant directory and deleted it, thus none of the file upgrades ever happening. I just tracked all the files down and uploaded, and now i'm upgraded to 1.6.2. Thank you to everyone who offered help in this thread.
Pages: 1 2