MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTTP 500 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I just wonder if you may help me...

I don't know anything related with programing or php, I only can use the copy and paste function Sad So I am beggin you to help me!

The HTTP 500 Error (internal server) is appearing very constantly on my website. I requested some help from my webhosting provider but they never answered me, so I check on HelpDesk from their archives and found this:

Quote:Why do I get an HTTP 500 error when I run my Perl script?
HTTP 500 errors can occur when there is a problem with your script. Please check your log file to find errors in your Perl script.

The most common reason for HTTP 500 errors is not printing the MIME type before outputting data to the web browser. Perl does not automatically generate HTML. If you are trying to run a Perl script and want to output data to a web browser, you will need to specify a content type or use the CGI Perl module. Here is an example script to output HTML to a browser:

#!/usr/bin/perl

$title = "Your title here!";
$content = "Here is some content. This will be displayed in between your body tags.";

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

print "<html><head><title>
$title</title></head>\n<body>\n";

## START HTML content
print "<h1>$title</h1>\n";
print "<p>$content</p>\n";
## END HTML CONTENT

print "</body></html>";

How can I stop this HTTP 500 page?

I will apreciate your help!

Thanks and Regards,
This is a mybb support forum.
zaher1988 Wrote:This is a mybb support forum.

Sorry I didn't understand what you mean!

I have installed mybb on my website:

http://www.theviewerforum.com

The code above is only something that I found on the yahoo webhosting helpfiles about why this error starts: it says something about perl script?

I told you that I don't know anything related with php, so I just wanna ask if the problem could be started by the software or could be a simple hosting error.

anyway thank you for your comment!

Regards
There's no perl script in MyBB (it's all PHP).
DennisTT Wrote:There's no perl script in MyBB (it's all PHP).

Thank you!

Now you have been more specific about it. Now I know why everybody hates yahoo webhosting services.

Regards