MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: php warning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, the other day I installed mybb version 1.6.2 and during the setup process, I got this php error warning at the bottom of the page:

"
Warning [2] Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() - Line: 0 - File: Unknown PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
"

it started as soon as I reached the "Theme installation" page of the setup. Then I noticed it even after the forum was setup and complete. I tried re-installing and it happened again. It showed up on all forum pages that I could see, including admin control panel.

Today I see the update to 1.6.3 so I decided to delete all the files from my server and use a fresh full installation. The same error persists. You can see it at the bottom of the forum pages here:

http://www.editedurl

Please help
Set mysql.trace_mode = Off in your php.ini or ask your host to do it for you.
yeah i guess the solution is to HIDE the error. but changing that setting is site-wide, no? i might want to see errors on other scripts.

perhaps mybb should fix the code so the error doesnt display in the first place? Wink
Nobody else is having this error, I certainly didn't encounter it, it's specific to where your site is hosted, so you have to contact your host and ask them to turn off mysql.trace_mode .
It's not a problem with MyBB's code since no one else has this issue.
(2011-04-17, 08:45 AM)mikew Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i guess the solution is to HIDE the error. but changing that setting is site-wide, no? i might want to see errors on other scripts.

perhaps mybb should fix the code so the error doesnt display in the first place? Wink

No, the change is always local to the directory where the php.ini file is in. So just place the file with the error reporting command in the appropriate MyBB directory. Wink

(2011-04-17, 02:59 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]No, the change is always local to the directory where the php.ini file is in. So just place the file with the error reporting command in the appropriate MyBB directory. Wink

can i just create this php.ini file myself? do you know the proper syntax?

also accorrding to the comments here, apparently i can use some htaccess file also?
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.php
As Malcom. told you, just create a php.ini file containing :

mysql.trace_mode = Off

If your hosting permit the use of php.ini files, it will work in the specific directory where it is placed.
great, it worked. thanks!