MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lite Mode - Needs added Functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it just me or does Lite mode need to be worked out so users can

a. Log in
b. Post replies

I mean what is the damn point of lite mode unless you can use it to do more then read....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please someone work on this Smile

(2011-04-17, 03:52 PM)Tim_bc Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or does Lite mode need to be worked out so users can

a. Log in
b. Post replies

I mean what is the damn point of lite mode unless you can use it to do more then read....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please someone work on this Smile

I agree, however it is mostly used as an archiving mode for the forums.
The whole point of Lite Mode is an archive. I think it's also used by search engines to index your content (might be wrong)
It's called 'lite' mode for a reason.
>Lite (Archive) Mode
>Archive

Do you not know what an archive is supposed to achieve or..? It's not a mobile version, it's for printing/search engines/crap browsers.
Maybe i'll actually finish that lynx theme one day. Then hire a coder to make a plugin so it acts under a different folder.
(2011-04-17, 05:04 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]>Lite (Archive) Mode
>Archive

Do you not know what an archive is supposed to achieve or..? It's not a mobile version, it's for printing/search engines/crap browsers.

I'm new software in general, always been a network guy so please have patience....

Never really paid attention to the 'archive' part in the title Blush So what you said makes completes sense now.....

So I guess it would be better to say it would be cool to have support for stripped down version for mobile phones then? It sure would be handy, especially for a forum that I want to create... Where people can log in on their smart phones and post a quick note....

Cheers,
Tim
(2011-04-19, 06:28 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]www.mybbgm.com

Awesome!

Thanks,
I know I'm dredging up an old thread but it would be great to either have the functionality the OP suggested in the lite version and have another archiving method. Personally I set up an archive catagory.
Here's the reason I would like it. I have members who are, for all intents and purposes, blind (vison impaired for you PC people) The lite mode can be read by Jaws and other similar programs while the full forum can not. I've tried setting the full forum thread view to threaded but the view remains the same.
I've installed MyBB GoMobile and it is going to be a great tool for those who want to access the forum from a mobile device. It will suffice for now but and maybe it's all I can hope for.
Pages: 1 2