MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: subscibing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i make it that users have to pay like 7 dollars or so to subscribe to certain forums?
(2011-04-18, 03:45 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]how do i make it that users have to pay like 7 dollars or so to subscribe to certain forums?

If you don't want to use a plugin, you can simply create another user group once the user has paid their money. Then you can adjust the privileges for the certain forums that are only available to paying members.
(2011-04-18, 03:51 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 03:45 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]how do i make it that users have to pay like 7 dollars or so to subscribe to certain forums?

If you don't want to use a plugin, you can simply create another user group once the user has paid their money. Then you can adjust the privileges for the certain forums that are only available to paying members.

sounds too confusing lol. is there a plugin?
Install this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-84084.html , Make a separate group (having the same permissions as of Registered Usergroup) and assign to an additional privilege of allowing that particular forum to View in ACP > Forums and Posts > Edit Forum > Permissions.