MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-04-18, 05:02 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]This update is a minor one, so you DO NOT need to run an installation script.
You need to run the upgrade script!
(2011-04-18, 05:13 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 05:02 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]This update is a minor one, so you DO NOT need to run an installation script.

plz someone just tell me what i do with the files i downloaded! do i overwrite them? if i do will it overwrite my plugins too from the inc folder ? what i need help plz!
(2011-04-18, 05:13 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]

Oops. I very much stand corrected.
(2011-04-18, 05:15 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]plz someone just tell me what i do with the files i downloaded! do i overwrite them? if i do will it overwrite my plugins too from the inc folder ? what i need help plz!

Yes, upload them so they overwrite the existing files.

Once you've uploaded the changed files go to yourdomain.com/install/upgrade.php
You do not overwrite the folders. You only overwrite the files. If you overwrite the folders, you will lose a lot of the files inside them. Only overwrite the files.
(2011-04-18, 09:25 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 05:15 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]plz someone just tell me what i do with the files i downloaded! do i overwrite them? if i do will it overwrite my plugins too from the inc folder ? what i need help plz!

Yes, upload them so they overwrite the existing files.

Once you've uploaded the changed files go to yourdomain.com/install/upgrade.php

but wont i have to download all the plugins again?
(2011-04-18, 04:18 PM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]but wont i have to download all the plugins again?

No, your plugins won't be affected.
(2011-04-18, 02:19 PM)SlyCooperFan1 Wrote: [ -> ]You do not overwrite the folders. You only overwrite the files. If you overwrite the folders, you will lose a lot of the files inside them. Only overwrite the files.

If your FTP client does that then it is misconfigured. You should be able to drag the contents of the changed files package to your forum root and everything inside will go where it needs to go, no matter how deep the directory structure goes, and it won't delete anything that's on your server that isn't in the changed files package.
Pages: 1 2