MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the 1.6.2 and are upgrading 1.6.3. I am confused on the wiki on how to do it. I closed my forum and everything. can someone tell me how to upgrade it plz
(2011-04-18, 04:14 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]I have the 1.6.2 and are upgrading 1.6.3. I am confused on the wiki on how to do it. I closed my forum and everything. can someone tell me how to upgrade it plz

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
What part of the wiki is confusing to you? You need to be more specific before we can help you.
(2011-04-18, 04:16 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 04:14 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]I have the 1.6.2 and are upgrading 1.6.3. I am confused on the wiki on how to do it. I closed my forum and everything. can someone tell me how to upgrade it plz

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
What part of the wiki is confusing to you? You need to be more specific before we can help you.

ok i downloaded the file package. which includes inc, images, jscripts (those were folders)
files-
index
misc
forum display
showthread

do i just go inside the actual public html folder and overwrite those files that i have, or should i go outside of the public html folder and drag the files into the public html folder or what? this is a 1 points upgrade
This one also > http://community.mybb.com/thread-92458.html

I finish the manual patches, also the template patches are done without uploading the changed files, is it needed again to overwrite the files and run the upgrade script?
The manual patch will just fix the security issues, not the other bugs.
(2011-04-18, 04:51 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The manual patch will just fix the security issues, not the other bugs.

so do i overwrite all the folders and everything in the upload folder of the downloaded folder?
This update is a minor one, so you DO NOT need to run an installation script. There are two ways you can update your board for this update:

1. You can close your board and then replace the files listed in the update with the new ones provded. Replace only the files that are listed as needing to be changed for this update.

2. If for some reason you can't shut down your board but you still want to upgrade, that's where the patching comes in. Follow the instructions for patching to patch the files until you have a chance to shut down your board and do the upgrade via file replacement.

Hope that helps.
(2011-04-18, 05:02 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]This update is a minor one, so you DO NOT need to run an installation script. There are two ways you can update your board for this update:

1. You can close your board and then replace the files listed in the update with the new ones provded. Replace only the files that are listed as needing to be changed for this update.

2. If for some reason you can't shut down your board but you still want to upgrade, that's where the patching comes in. Follow the instructions for patching to patch the files until you have a chance to shut down your board and do the upgrade via file replacement.

Hope that helps.

so like my inc folder, has a bunch of plugins. if i overwrite it wont i have to install the plugins again?
(2011-04-18, 05:05 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 05:02 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]This update is a minor one, so you DO NOT need to run an installation script. There are two ways you can update your board for this update:

Hope that helps.

so like my inc folder, has a bunch of plugins. if i overwrite it wont i have to install the plugins again?

If you decided to overwrite the files the control your plugins, you would need to reinstall the plugins. However, this update does not overwrite any plugin files from what I saw.
(2011-04-18, 05:10 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 05:05 AM)sohrabian Wrote: [ -> ]

Hope that helps.

If you decided to overwrite the files the control your plugins, you would need to reinstall the plugins. However, this update does not overwrite any plugin files from what I saw.

so even if i overwrite the inc folder with the new one in the upgrade folder, the plugins will still be there?
Pages: 1 2