MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I used to have MyTabs by Labrocca installed, but I have since deactivated and removed the files related to the plugin. Ever since I did that, I get errors appearing in my cPanel's error log stating the the 'tabs.js' file does not exist, no idea why that is since I don't have anything running it as far as I know.

Here's the error log, maybe someone can make more sense of it than I can:

[Mon Apr 18 02:45:42 2011] [error] [client *my ip*] File does not exist: /home/protectf/public_html/*admin dir*/jscripts/tabs.js
[Mon Apr 18 02:45:26 2011]

It's not a major issue, but it's producing about 3/4 of the all the errors that are shown in the error log, since I've setup my forums, I'm cracking down on fixing bugs, errors, etc and that's one of the issues that most commonly is shown in the error logs, even though I have no trace of the plugin any more, I did a search in my file manager for 'tabs' and nothing was found.

Any ideas what's causing the issue?

Thanks.
Maybe there is still a reference to the file in your templates. Go to AdminCP > Templates & Style > Templates > Search & Replace and Search for "tabs.js" (without quotes). Possibly it's in the headerinclude template. Remove the script-tag for that javascript file.
(2011-04-18, 08:00 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there is still a reference to the file in your templates. Go to AdminCP > Templates & Style > Templates > Search & Replace and Search for "tabs.js" (without quotes). Possibly it's in the headerinclude template. Remove the script-tag for that javascript file.

No templates were found containing the string 'tabs.js'
Oh, it's in your admin. I don't know how that plugin includes the tabs.js file but normally it shouldn't do that. Can't you ask support on labrocca's site?
If you're not using it already, go grab a copy of Notepad++. Download your forum's files and use Notepad's Search In Files function and it will go through line by line, searching for "tabs.js".

There must be an edit somewhere that's controlling it.
Thanks Tomm, used Notepad++ to resolve the issue.

Search "tabs.js" (1 hits in 1 files)
  M:\Users\Protection Forums\Desktop\public_html\*admin dir*\inc\class_page.php (1 hits)
	Line 98: 		echo "	<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"./jscripts/tabs.js\"></script>\n";
Bear in mind that the ACP requires tabs.js - you're obviously missing the file. Reupload ./admin/jscripts/tabs.js from the latest MyBB download.

Smile