MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After upgrade with changed files old version still displays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this is a upgrade script bug or something else, but after uploading and running the upgrade script from MyBB 1.6.2 to MyBB 1.6.3 it still shows: You are currently running MyBB 1.6.2 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.6.3 (1603). However, after the script it showed it was successful with upgrading everything. Can't see where it has gone wrong... (uploaded everything twice now, and ran the upgrade script a second time as well.)
Go to Admin CP --> Tools & Maintenance --> Cache Manager --> Rebuild cache for 'update_check'

Not 100% sure if that will work, but you can give it a go.
Done that, didn't work. Perhaps it is something local, my hosting provider is using the varnish cache program and this seems to give some troubles with some scripts. I however never had any problems with it. (untill today?)
(2011-04-18, 09:20 AM)knol Wrote: [ -> ]Done that, didn't work. Perhaps it is something local, my hosting provider is using the varnish cache program and this seems to give some troubles with some scripts. I however never had any problems with it. (untill today?)

Are you sure the upgrade script completed successfully?

Can you post a screenshot the admin panel index please?

Also, did you select the correct site to upgrade? It sounds stupid I know, but it happens.
What's your URL?
Pffff I must be getting old... Recently started using a new ftp program and must have dragged things to where they don't belong! I got it working now! Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me! Smile (still very strange I got the installer saying it worked out ok...)
Thanks again Morsec0de and AJS!
Thought that might be the case. Toungue