MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invisible Admin Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what about this one...?
go to the following idea link and vote if you agree..
also, if you don't agree, then give the disadvantage you think..
http://ideas.mybb.com/idea/invisible-admin-account
If there is no hidden account set and you get hacked and the hacker sets a invisible account, your screwed. This is a feature that is in no way needed. If you need your passwords strong and your common sense in tact, you won't even need to worry about getting hacked.
what if there is only one hidden account available?
and anything is possible, a small mistake can get you big loss... you can't say that i have sense so i'll be protected...
If you want an invisible admin, make him an account that looks just like a user (display group) and make the sure secondary groups are not displayed (e.g. by some group display plugin).
i also wanna do this but if we do this and check the option "allow in admin panel" then that account will be shown in the "admin" in admin panel Sad
(2011-04-18, 03:20 PM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]i also wanna do this but if we do this and check the option "allow in admin panel" then that account will be shown in the "admin" in admin panel Sad

So how do you want to specify this account if not through the admin panel? Seriously, this is a useless idea. If you know there's a hacker in your system, pull your site down.
at the time of installing mybb
Also , if a hacker were to get into your board, what if he deletes all the members, topics etc? How is your "invisible" admin going to save that?
This idea is stupid, nobody needs an invisible admin account, the following prevails above it:
1) Secure passwords
2) Common sense on hiring staff

/thread
It's not a bad idea, just not the kind of thing that should be implemented by default though.
Pages: 1 2 3