MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: On IE 'Hello There...' appears one way, on Firefox another way (with code) ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On IE it appears as 'Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)'.

But on Firefox it appears as 'Lost Password?<\/a>"; lang.register_url = " — Register<\/a>"; lang.remember_me = "Remember me"; // -->Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)'

Thoughts on how to correct ?
Post your header_welcomeblock_guest template.
(2011-04-18, 09:48 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Post your header_welcomeblock_guest template.
Thank you for the reply and direction !

'header_welcomeblock_guest' template...

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";
// -->
</script>
<span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
<span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
It looks okay... throw your site URL here,
(2011-04-18, 10:45 PM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]It looks okay... throw your site URL here,
Appreciate the look at !

URL = http://akmblog.org/forum/index.php

Only thing can think of that happened about the time of the problem is that took period (.) off the end of the 'Board Name' text at 'General Configuration' settings, while in Firefox mode.

Of course, went back and added it back, but that didnt make any difference.
Cant imagine it was not just a coincidence, but youre dealing with a 'beginner' here, so appreciate any help can get !

Thanks again !

(2011-04-18, 11:06 PM)akm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 10:45 PM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]It looks okay... throw your site URL here,
Appreciate the look at !
URL = http://akmblog.org/forum/index.php
Only thing can think of that happened about the time of the problem is that took period (.) off the end of the 'Board Name' text at 'General Configuration' settings, while in Firefox mode.
Of course, went back and added it back, but that didnt make any difference.
Cant imagine it was not just a coincidence, but youre dealing with a 'beginner' here, so appreciate any help can get !
Thanks again !
OMG, just got an update notification from FF and after updating, the problem appears to have gone away !
Also was having some problems with other MyBB forum sites that would act/appear a little different with IE vs FF, and those oddities also seem to have gone away.
Was using the latest, per couple weeks ago FF update, but guess they made some significant changes ?
Sorry about the bother, it seems like the problem has gone away.
Hope am not speaking too soon Confused