MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login to page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I need to make the following.

A page, when a user visits it, it will show a login, only a certain usergroup "Customers" will be able to login and once they do login (using their forum details) it will show content specific to that user. This also needs to be secure so there is NO possible way that any user can ever see any other users data, ever, cant be possible. Would this be easy for anyone to help me out with because I desperately want this or would it require a plugin? If so how much would you guys help me to make this? Please help me!
If you have knowledge in PHP you could use Page Manager.
(2011-04-19, 01:27 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]If you have knowledge in PHP you could use Page Manager.

I dont that is the only thing I really want to learn but havent got around to. I would also rather use the custom page script that pulls data from a template so I could have clients.php. Example:
<?php

define('IN_MYBB', 1); 
require './global.php'; 
add_breadcrumb(Client Area, "clients.php");

eval("\$custompage = \"".$templates->get("AA_clients")."\";"); 
output_page($custompage); 

?>

PS: If you are wondering why I have "AA_clients" that just how I like to do it so the template will show at the tippy top of the global templates making it easy to edit.
I know that you make themes so I'm just wondering, with this are you going to turn it into a sales system? Because there's a much easier way to do that than via this method.
(2011-04-19, 01:33 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I know that you make themes so I'm just wondering, with this are you going to turn it into a sales system? Because there's a much easier way to do that than via this method.

It will be for people to redownload their custom themes and stuff like that, but if this could be an order system that would be absolutely magnificent. If I were to get some more money I might ask Pirata or Labrocca. But I also would like to use Pirata but he may be able to bridge it with MyDownloads (which I use currently) so if a user purchases a premium theme it would appear there all in one place.

(2011-04-19, 01:33 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I know that you make themes so I'm just wondering, with this are you going to turn it into a sales system? Because there's a much easier way to do that than via this method.

But out of curiosity, what is that method?
Oh I see what you want it for. I was going to suggest for you to use MyDownloads if you wanted a sales system. But if you're going to do what you described, it won't work that well.

The only way to do this would be through a custom plugin. (I don't know of one that has these capabilities)
(2011-04-19, 01:51 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see what you want it for. I was going to suggest for you to use MyDownloads if you wanted a sales system. But if you're going to do what you described, it won't work that well.

The only way to do this would be through a custom plugin. (I don't know of one that has these capabilities)

I'm going to PM Pirata now for a quote. Lets hope he accepts this. Wink