MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: X Reports = Unapproved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The idea is that if a thread/posts receiveds X number of reports the thread/post will be set as unapproved until a admin/moderator can look at it.

The reason being is that if your forum is hit with spam and your forum have limited staff (by choice or by design) then the active members can effectively "remove" the spam and keep your forum clean for visitors until you or another staff member can effectively take care of it.

Of course this can easily be abused but I provide a suggestion on how to limit abuse in the idea.

http://ideas.mybb.com/idea/x-reports--unapproved
I like this idea.
Could be a plugin. I've considered it. Shouldn't be hard to do.
Yes, voted up. Smile
Could also be abused by people to hide threads.
(2011-04-19, 08:07 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Could also be abused by people to hide threads.

Thus why I suggested a way to prevent abuse. It would have to be tweaked based on the forum but the promotion system is highly customizable IMO.
I like this idea.
Great idea. I don't see much of a potential for abuse here tbh. Most people aren't going to report a post without a reason, and you can easily punish anyone who does.
You know most users won't notice the feature unless your running a site thats tech friendly.
(2011-04-21, 05:12 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You know most users won't notice the feature unless your running a site thats tech friendly.

Not sure what you mean. Most users won't notice the Report feature? It's your job to communicate that to them.

As for hiding the post, I don't think the users should be told about it at all anyway.
Pages: 1 2