MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: single emailing instead of PMs ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Folks !

I am running a Forum for Radio + TV producers ( www.p-forum.org ) using MyBB (1.6.2 (1602)).

So fare all is fine.... no troubles at all. I miss one option I suppose I have not found to use. I like to send as Tech-Admin single emails out of the system directly to new registrants...

I dont mean the "email notification" about new PMs, that works fine. I mean personal email messages to a single user.

But what happens that I only can send "PM". The procedure of PMs is OK, so fare a new registrant has a fully activated account in my forum. But in my forum a new registrant and his not activated account must be proofen 1st, so there is no access to the forum postings/threads/subforums. 1st proof of real person behind, no fake names, 2nd proof IP addresses of spammers... thats the condition before I activate an account.

But I have some new registrations who are using fake names, and who cannot be identified as radio or TV producer. So its important to send those new registrants 1st an individual email (no mass mail) with the conditions of the forum. But I can send only PMs which is not helpful, because the owner of such a new account yet cannot enter into the system, has no access to the PM because the account is not activated.

How to change from PM to direct email ? - I dont like to use an email client extra or an external googlemail address... as I want use all correspondence within the mybb system.

Tks for orientation. So fare... Regards / PF2010