MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Welcome Block for Sidebar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive got a sidebar going on my site, and i was wanting to put a welcome block on it, so it showed users avatar there user title underneath with a link to there UCP, aswell as maybe how many new posts have been posted since there last visit.

I also wanted it to show a default avatar for guests with a login and register link underneath it.

Is there a way to be able to do this, as what i have tried hasnt worked. Smile

Thanks guys!
(2011-04-19, 10:38 AM)Doctors Companion Wrote: [ -> ]aswell as maybe how many new posts have been posted since there last visit.

This requires a plugin. All others are just simple template edits.
Ah ok, thanks for the reply, any ideas on the edits, because the ones i tried, didnt work. Just left the block blank!
For guest I don't know,for members to show avatar, do add this code wherever you want to show:

{$usercp_avatar}

edit, doesn't seem to work, wait I try figuring some other code.
Thanks, i appreciate the help Smile Big Grin Will let you know if i find anything!
This is the code, what you are looking for, I don't got much time to show position edits but play with this:

<div id="panel"><div style="background: url({$mybb->user['avatar']}) 0 0 no-repeat;width:50px;height:50px;float:left"></div></div>
Are you using a plugin or just template edits for the sidebar?
Magic! thanks alot!! Big Grin
(2011-04-19, 12:24 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a plugin or just template edits for the sidebar?

Template edits.... Got the Avatar working, but just trying to work usertitle and other things in now
You could just edit the templates so the actual welcomeblock is in the sidebar?

Otherwise you can use the following for usertitle, {$mybb->user['usertitle']}
Thanks alot! Never thought about that!! Got it sorted! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2