MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade question (templates)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.3 and see there's a good bunch of updated templates.. I haven't reverted any of them yet. Should I? This system seems a bit different to the vBulletin installations I normally work with. Or is it the same and just appears different to me?

I'm guessing I need to copy and paste my current code into a text file, revert the templates so that they're using the latest versions, and then re-add the code to the new templates.. Correct?

Thanks in advance...

Sal C.
(2011-04-19, 01:43 PM)Sal Collaziano Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.3 and see there's a good bunch of updated templates.. I haven't reverted any of them yet. Should I?
You don't need to Revert templates.

(2011-04-19, 01:43 PM)Sal Collaziano Wrote: [ -> ]This system seems a bit different to the vBulletin installations I normally work with. Or is it the same and just appears different to me?
vB has some extra features which MyBB doesn't. However you can Install your needed plugins, have a custom skin to look like vB or any other forum software.

(2011-04-19, 01:43 PM)Sal Collaziano Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing I need to copy and paste my current code into a text file, revert the templates so that they're using the latest versions, and then re-add the code to the new templates.. Correct?

Thanks in advance...

Sal C.

Again, its not recommended to revert templates.
There are only a few template changes between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 - unless your templates were default before the upgrade, it's easier to just make the changes manually.

This post contains all the template changes between 1.6.2 and 1.6.3
Okay, well I did upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.6.3 so I'm guessing there are some somewhat major changes.. But it sounds as if I don't need to revert the templates.. How does myBB work then? If a new version comes along with a new header template - does it take my custom code and added it into the new header? Or does it continue to use my customized template until I replace it with the new one?
Oops, I missed that you were upgrading from 1.4.x

You'll need to update your templates then or you'll have the new features of 1.6 missing. You first guess was probably the best option.
(2011-04-19, 02:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-19, 01:43 PM)Sal Collaziano Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded from 1.4.x to 1.6.3 and see there's a good bunch of updated templates.. I haven't reverted any of them yet. Should I?
You don't need to Revert templates.

(2011-04-19, 02:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-19, 01:43 PM)Sal Collaziano Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing I need to copy and paste my current code into a text file, revert the templates so that they're using the latest versions, and then re-add the code to the new templates.. Correct?

Again, its not recommended to revert templates.

Er, what?? When upgrading from 1.4 > 1.6 you most definitely do need to revert templates to default if it is required.
That's what I figured. Thank you!

(2011-04-19, 03:30 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, I missed that you were upgrading from 1.4.x

You'll need to update your templates then or you'll have the new features of 1.6 missing. You first guess was probably the best option.