MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Royal Wedding - April 29th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well the title basically says it all, the Royal Wedding for those in commonwealth countries is approaching. I was watching the news earlier and apparently the police over here in the UK are checking every drain along the route, every traffic light, and so much more. This is 10 days before the wedding, imagine 2 days before!

Anyone excited about it? Whats your views?

I think there will be a few protests on the day of the wedding but IMO will be a great day as thats the future King and Queen of the commonwealth.

Here is an excellent video from T-Mobile
I live in Australia, so we're in the commonwealth, but to be honest I have little to no interest in this at all. It doesn't fuss me at all, since we don't rely on the Queen for anything. I personally don't see what the fuss is.
I don't really fuss over the royal family but the fuss I would say would be over the fact that Prince William and Kate Middleton will soon by the King and Queen.
That's what I don't see the point in, what exactly do they do with that? "We're the King and Queen!" ... Now what? I don't get what the Royal Family does personally, but it may be different for someone living in the UK.
They don't do much of anything. It's a waste of time and it's ridiculous we entertain the idea of a monarchy in the year 2011.
(2011-04-19, 01:57 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I don't see the point in, what exactly do they do with that? "We're the King and Queen!" ... Now what? I don't get what the Royal Family does personally, but it may be different for someone living in the UK.
They are busy enough their calendar and schedules need to be prepared 2 years in advanced.
(2011-04-19, 02:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]They don't do much of anything. It's a waste of time and it's ridiculous we entertain the idea of a monarchy in the year 2011.
They are figureheads. They are for tourism and they open buildings and promote charity and generally raise people's patriotic feelings for living in the country. They are just celebrities with a link to our history that people like to remember. Other than that the Queen is the one that declares war and decides when its over. Shes the head off the Church of England as well.
I agree with Uncontrol. The royal family are nothing more than waste of space spongers. Most of their wealth comes from taxation and they're wasting it on a lavish wedding ceremony while unemployment figures soar.
I can't believe we still put the Queen on our (Canadian) money. Ridiculous.
(2011-04-19, 02:15 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Uncontrol. The royal family are nothing more than waste of space spongers. Most of their wealth comes from taxation and they're wasting it on a lavish wedding ceremony while unemployment figures soar.
Other than housing the Royal Family gets no other income from tax payers, but they bring in 10 times the amount of money they get some tax payers for housing via tourism.
Quote: The cost is higher than normal because the day has been made a public holiday so all the police will have to be paid overtime. Which is fair enough: it's the cost of protecting public figures. It works out that that will cost us British taxpayers about £1 each. Hardly anything.

It has already been announced that the actual wedding, reception etc will be paid for by the families themselves. They can well afford it - the Queen has a large private income and the Middletons are self-made millionaires from their party business. They sell everything you could need for throwing a party.
(2011-04-19, 02:17 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe we still put the Queen on our (Canadian) money. Ridiculous.
I didn't know you where Canadian... I lived in Canada from '05 -'10 and I do agree with that. I don't understand what the Queen does for your country even after living there.
hahaha

On the other hand, her face is all over my bag ...

[Image: p1200865.jpg][Image: p1210005.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5