MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost password for plugin uploader mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No, you have to be a super admin to change it, but if you're changing it via the database that's totally irrelevant.
Maybe my database has some issues, because even after changing it via database, it would accept my password and uninstall, then again ask for password on "Install & Activate". Finally I went to phpmyadmin, dropped the table pluginuploader, and the coloumn pluginuploader_key in the table users, like the plugin was supposed to..
Well obviously it'll ask you to set a password when you install it again, because uninstalling it removes the table for it so there's no password because as far as the forum's concerned you've not installed the plugin yet, so it asks you to set one... Undecided Plus uninstalling it does drop the table and remove the column...
No Matt. Not like that. It didnt ask me to set a password, but asked for a previous password, when I was installing it again (after uninstalling it!)..It probably isnt the plugin at all, but my manual edits Smile
Manual edits?? You mean edits to the plugin or edits to your UID like you mentioned above?? Because as I said, the UID has absolutely nothing to do with it in any way whatsoever.

When it is uninstalled, and you install it again, it will make you set a new password, because it doesn't have one set yet, because you've only just installed it. There is no 'previous password' when you've just installed the plugin, even if you've just uninstalled it first. The only places it asks for a password is when you upload a plugin, and when you install, but when installing it's setting a new password, not asking what the password already is, or was. When you say "it didnt ask me to set a password, but asked for a previous password, when I was installing it again" that physically isn't how it works; when you install it, and get the page for a password, the sole reason that shows is because there isn't already one set, so it makes you set one.
I get you matt. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem again. After clearing out the table and table field, I've no longer had any issues.
Ok, it happened again. I dropped the table, and the coloumn, then "Install-d and Activate-d" the plugin. It asked for a password. I input password as p. Saved it and tried to upload a plugin. It keeps saying my password is wrong!
When you upload a plugin, does it have the input box to enter a password?? As in are you actually entering it every time you upload a password?? As I just remembered it will store the password as a cookie if you tick the box to save the password and will use that instead. So are you entering it every time you upload a plugin??
Yes, apparently it fills in automatically (showing ****), but I select it and type out the actual password, then upload the file. File upload progresses, then it tells me password is incorrect. I'll try clearing cookies, as I have a couple of different test environments, and it may be likely that these share the same cookie path from settings.php
Right, well if the cookie is set it won't even show the password box, so if it's showing then the cookie isn't being used, and if it's being pre-filled, it's not being done by the plugin, it's being done by your browser.

So far, every time someone has had a problem with this plugin it's worked perfectly fine when I've tried it on their forum so I can pretty much guarantee there is something specific to your forum/browser causing it to say it's wrong.
(2011-12-11, 05:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Right, well if the cookie is set it won't even show the password box, so if it's showing then the cookie isn't being used, and if it's being pre-filled, it's not being done by the plugin, it's being done by your browser.

Right. It was the "Lastpass extension" that was filling it.

Quote:So far, every time someone has had a problem with this plugin it's worked perfectly fine when I've tried it on their forum so I can pretty much guarantee there is something specific to your forum/browser causing it to say it's wrong.

I agree. It must have been my cookies. I've hence added cookie prefix, changed cookiepath, and it seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your instant support for something you've given free!
Pages: 1 2