MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notifications moving to spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys...

Email notifications from my forum are moving to spam. I know mybb has nothing to do with it, still I want to be sure that I have not done any mistakes.

Here is my entire story :

1. I registered my domain at bigrock
2. I have hosting at xyz.com
3. I have created email account [email protected] using xyz's cPanel. [I didn't do it using Bigrock's domain service]
4. I have set ACP > Board Settings > General Configuration > Admin Email to [email protected]
5. ACP > Board Settings > Mail settings, have selected PHP Mail and have set "Add message ID in mail headers" to NO.

so did I do anything wrong ?
PHP mail is often filtered to spam. Use SMTP authentication.
Shall I use my host's smtp or gmail's ??

If gmail, then following settings are correct or not
hostname : smtp.gmail.com
port : 465
username : [email protected]
password : password of gmail account
ssl : off
Add message ID in mail headers : No
Try each of these. Hopefully one of them works for you.

Mail Handler: SMTP Mail
SMTP Hostname: mail.4arabi.co.cc
SMTP Port: 25
SMTP Username: admin+4arabi.co.cc
SMTP Password: <YOUR PASSWORD>
SMTP Encryption Mode: None

SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Encryption Mode: SSL

SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS
noob question here, shall I have to register and get an email account at arabi.co.cc ?
No, replace that with your domain.
no luck, still moving to spam. meanwhile my host replied like this, waht shall I reply ?

Quote:Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this issue. I also apologize for the delay in your response. Actually phpbb support is not entirely correct. Unless some type of data or report can show that its coming from our system, I am not entirely positive that the case, but I am not saying its not possible. Filter systems on mail are normally ran by ISP using a "catch phrase" filter system, this means that possibly your email address that your using to send these is getting sent to spam due to any phrases in the email that could be seen as Spam. What is the email address you use to have the notifications sent to you?

Also in phpbb there is a option to hide email, this can be turned on or off based on what its currently set to.

If you could explain more in regards to the theory of it being on the server side please provide us with this information. We can look over it and proceed from that point.

Sincerely,

Cameron
Customer Support

and LOL they think it's phpBB.

Please tell me waht shall I reply to them.