MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would This Be Ok?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I own a Automotive (car) forum and I was wondering if having a "Street Racing" section would be abiding the MyBB ToS. I personally don't think it would be a big deal but since street racing is illegal, I'm not exactly sure. Please reply back.
It's your forum, you can have what ever you want. Street racing isn't illegal in all countries, so I wouldn't know what the MyBB team have to say about this (for support eligibility, etc..).
Well, they denied support for a forum that was hosting MP3 downloads, even though filesharing isn't illegal in a lot of places (Canada, for example). This whole thing has gotten ridiculous.
Hmm, i'm still undecided because you both bring up good points. I will wait for more replies.
I would think it would be ok.
(2011-04-19, 07:56 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Well, they denied support for a forum that was hosting MP3 downloads, even though filesharing isn't illegal in a lot of places (Canada, for example). This whole thing has gotten ridiculous.

I completely agree, the MyBB Team needs to stop the line somewhere. I don't see how they can deny support based on ethics, when ethics differ on a personal-basis. They can't just expect people to have the same set of morals and values.
I would say this is fine as there is nothing illegal about a street racing site. While the act it self is illegal the site isn't. Unlike a site which distributes copyrighted files.
(2011-04-20, 01:07 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I would say this is fine as there is nothing illegal about a street racing site. While the act it self is illegal the site isn't. Unlike a site which distributes copyrighted files.

Illegal according to what laws? File sharing is legal in a lot of countries.
MyBB is based out of the US tho.
(2011-04-20, 01:32 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-20, 01:07 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I would say this is fine as there is nothing illegal about a street racing site. While the act it self is illegal the site isn't. Unlike a site which distributes copyrighted files.

Illegal according to what laws? File sharing is legal in a lot of countries.

They're probably going to go by where most users and staff are located. So Western nations like the US, UK, and Australia(not really western but its culture is).

And, if they wish to go by ethics let them. Nothing stops anyone from opening a support forum for mybb that doesn't...
Pages: 1 2 3 4