MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question regarding merging and splitting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Today I had a problem with splitting and merging.
Here's the problem:

I got a topic that got completely off-topic (the latest 30 posts).

And I wanted to make a separate thread for them.
But I couldn't, the 30 posts were devided over 2 pages. Confused

Can someone give me a quick explanation about merging and splitting?
Change how many posts per page you can view in your UserCP. You say the last 30 posts are off topic, so change your settings to view 30 posts per page. You'll have all the off-topic stuff on one page.
Well there are 2 ways for spliting.

using

Moderation Options
If you have more than 1 page to split, use this, because this will display you a new page with all the posts and you tick them from there.
Inline Post Moderation
Use this when all the posts you want to split are in the same page, so just tick them, and split them.

Both are found at the end of the posts table.

regards
The inline moderation should save your selections from the previous page allowing you to select multiple threads/posts over a series of pages.
Yeah that's correct. Umm but is it usual that the counter in button only counts each page's selections?

regards
And, what about 'placing' this posts that got splitted in another thread?
Well when you split you get a new thread, you can merge this thread with any other thread. merging thread doesn't need ticking boxes. also done from the Moderation Options

regards
Well, when I select the posts that I want to merge in another thread I get this:

Message separation: - Horizontal line
- New line

??? How can I merge it in another thread? Toungue
You select the posts and split them first, creating a new thread. Then you merge that new thread into another one.
Remember that you need to go IN one of the thread you want to merge, and use the moderation tool, you can't just select 2 threads from the threads listing and merge them.
Pages: 1 2