MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to send a message to all moderators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I feel it is pretty hard to comunicate something to all moderators at the same time. I mean, is there a way for regular user to send a message to all moderators at the same time? I know that a user can get all moderators login from the "forum team" link, but that proves to be a lot of work.
Is there a way to create a user that would be a synonim to all moderators/administrators of the forum?

thanks
emerson
Try going to admincp>Users and groups>mass mail>create new mail listing>change the selection to 'send as private message'>fill out the pages.

On the next page you can select who to send it to, select the moderator groups and.. done!
(2011-04-19, 11:50 PM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]... is there a way for regular user to send a message to all moderators at the same time?

Not for regular members, you'd need a plugin.
The closest you could do is add all the mods as buddies, then at the compose private message check them all when clicking 'select from buddies'.
It seems like this could be resolved with a few small code changes. The following URL works when you are trying to compose a PM:
http://community.mybb.com/private.php?ac...nd&uid=524

The script only allows one uid in the address, but I'm sure adding multiple uid support would not be too hard. Perhaps someone with greater PHP knowledge can comment.
Im mainly concerned of having this to user, so they could send a suggestion or a critic to all moderators at the same time. I know there is the report, but it is too especific...
You could make a special (sub)forum where a user can only view his own threads but moderators can view all threads. Like the Private Inquires on this board. That's better than PMs because moderators will see if a question is already answered or not.
(2011-04-20, 10:41 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Im mainly concerned of having this to user, so they could send a suggestion or a critic to all moderators at the same time. I know there is the report, but it is too especific...

Go to: ACP > Users and Groups > Groups > Registered > Edit > under Users and Permissions tab add some high value like e.g. 15 in Maximum Recipients Per Message:: option filed.

In this way you can send PMs to 15 users at one time.
(2011-04-20, 10:52 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]You could make a special (sub)forum where a user can only view his own threads but moderators can view all threads. Like the Private Inquires on this board. That's better than PMs because moderators will see if a question is already answered or not.

How do I give this permission to post to own thread only??
(2011-04-20, 06:40 PM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]How do I give this permission to post to own thread only??

Create the forum as you normally do then in the permissions, choose set custom permissions and set regular members to view own threads only
Pages: 1 2