MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Manually Moving Forum. Can I change forum used dates? And another question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. Smile First, I'd like to Thank the developers of MyBB for making is such a great software. And I'd also like to Thank all of you in this community, making MyBB, even better.

I have a few questions. ;D I'm going to transfer my old forum manually, post by post. Long Process...But No other choice Undecided As you know free softwares don't allow crawlers. Sad

Can I change forum dates? Such as my account creation date? (Since that would be the forum creation date.

I know that once I create an account for a user, it is going to send out activation e-mails, with the username, and password. However, I have alot of posts to move first. Is there a way I can re-create all the posts without creating the users? When I register accounts, will they be automatically linked to that profile?

I'd also like to have the correct dates for posts. Is there a possible way to also assign the dates per post?

Please try to tell me easier methods. This will take hours. Toungue Thank You.

Can't you use the Merge System instead?
Nope. My free forums software is not listed. Nor do I have access to the files.

And crawlers are against its TOS.
I see. Well this is going to be a very long process then. You can change a users' registration date using the following SQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `regdate` = 'X' where uid = 'Y'

Replace X with a timestamp which you can generate at http://www.timestampgenerator.com/ and replace Y with your users' ID.
Well if you're leaving the forum use crawlers anyways Toungue
Which free forum host are you using?
(2011-04-20, 11:35 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Well this is going to be a very long process then. You can change a users' registration date using the following SQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `regdate` = 'X' where uid = 'Y'

Replace X with a timestamp which you can generate at http://www.timestampgenerator.com/ and replace Y with your users' ID.

Thank You. Smile I'll try this.

It's a long process but, the only thing that can be said is, whatever has to be done, has to be done. Sad Man, I don't know if I can do it.

(2011-04-20, 01:32 PM)Darth Stabro Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you're leaving the forum use crawlers anyways Toungue
No. I'll be deleted before I even crawl it. Toungue
(2011-04-20, 01:44 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Which free forum host are you using?

Proboards. Smile
This is on the second page now. So bump. Big Grin
Third Page Bump. Smile
You should be able to use a crawler to quickly convert it to phpbb. then use the merge system to convert it to mybb.
I can't. Proboards' is equipped to delete the forum as soon as it detects the crawler. Sad
Pages: 1 2