MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wowza Media Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone used Wowza Media Server? I'm trying to install it but I'm a little confused. Confused
Never heard of it
(2011-04-20, 09:31 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of it

me either.
I'm sure posting that you have no clue of what it is, is greatly helping the OP fix what issue he is having.

Lyndon where are you getting confused? It looks quite straightforward from the guide listed here; http://www.wowzamedia.com/forums/content...stallWowza
Yeah that's just for the local start/stop functions, I got that, but there's a different process for installing on the server (linux) and it's got a ton of commands that are confusing me Confused
I know people like asking for help with stuff like this here(we're just a great community that way Big Grin). But, due to the specific program you're using(well more like task if you're trying to set up a server for streaming) I would highly recommend just waiting it out on their forums.

My question is why are you setting up you're own instead of just taking advantage of things like own3d.tv and justin.tv...
@Alex The reason I want to do this as opposed to a streaming website is because I want to have my own server without the restrictions of other websites. Upon other things, I can take control of integrated Flash Functions on the player, advertising, built-in chatrooms, etc. Also, it gives me the mobile streaming (Android, iOS, etc) which isn't readily available on most other streaming providers like ustream.

@Matt I will take a look
Figured as much but thought I would try Toungue.
I got it installed, just trying to get it to stream properly now. But I think I'm on the right track.