MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virus: Win32/Worfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was on FreeWebspace.net and another host stated that my forum has a Virus. I asked a good friend of mine to check it out, and he confirmed it was a virus. I then asked him to see what it was, and he thinks it is this: Win32/Worfo. Please, I want this more than a bug fixed!

Thank you.
MyBB doesn't have viruses in it. So check if other way the virus had access to your server, but mybb doesn't contain any files that are related to Win32/Worfo.

Win32/Worfo is a generic detection of malformed Windows Meta File (.WMF) files which attempt to exploit the "Microsoft Windows Meta File processing vulnerability".

This exploit can be used in a malicious web page to execute code of the attacker's choice on the user's machine. Any program that renders WMF images on affected systems could be vulnerable to this attack.

So check if you host have any other software or tool that has a relation with WMF.
regards

Or check if somebody has tried to post a WMF image on your forum. That would be the only other reason.
WMF ... thats the format Clip Art is in ain't it?