MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make the "register" link directly to the registration page and skipped the reg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello...
I'm trying to edit the registration page,..which i had removed the personal preferences, time, language selector...
so there will only left the username stuff, chaptcha (reChaptcha), security question and social site plugin...plus addition information after it, which i have include the registration agreement text.

The question is, how to skip the registration agreement page? so when guest press the "register" they will straight to the registration page?.
i've tried the link directly to the member.php but it seems this must validated before with the "i agree" button...

Sorry for my english...
If you want to disable registration Agreement, and want to redirect users directly to user Details page then here is how;

Open member.php and find and remove the following;
	if((!isset($mybb->input['agree']) && !isset($mybb->input['regsubmit'])) || $mybb->request_method != "post")
	{
		// Is this user a COPPA user? We need to show the COPPA agreement too
		if($mybb->settings['coppa'] != "disabled" && ($mybb->cookies['coppauser'] == 1 || $under_thirteen))
		{
			if($mybb->settings['coppa'] == "deny")
			{
				error($lang->error_need_to_be_thirteen);
			}
			$lang->coppa_agreement_1 = $lang->sprintf($lang->coppa_agreement_1, $mybb->settings['bbname']);
			eval("\$coppa_agreement = \"".$templates->get("member_register_agreement_coppa")."\";");
		}

$plugins->run_hooks("member_register_agreement");

eval("\$agreement = \"".$templates->get("member_register_agreement")."\";");
		output_page($agreement);
	}
	else
Wow,..thank you Yaldaram.
Is there any weakness or effect about this method, relate to the security or any plugin hooks ?
No...
Once again,..thank you Yaldaram...
I would not suggest doing this though because you should get new members to agree to the agreement if anything were to happen to your forum.
(2011-04-21, 07:05 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]I would not suggest doing this though because you should get new members to agree to the agreement if anything were to happen to your forum.

Have you read that agreement? It's pretty useless and doesn't release you of any liability really. Either customize the message or get rid of it; I just customized mine to make it much shorter. Nobody is going to read that thing.
Well, This is the only thing that I really see as important...

"Any information you provide on these forums will not be disclosed to any third party without your complete consent, although the staff cannot be held liable for any hacking attempt in which your data is compromised."
(2011-04-21, 07:05 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]I would not suggest doing this though because you should get new members to agree to the agreement if anything were to happen to your forum.

I didn't remove it, i just move it to registration page like an addition info. Just add it to the after the username registration stuff.

(2011-04-21, 07:12 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Have you read that agreement? It's pretty useless and doesn't release you of any liability really. Either customize the message or get rid of it; I just customized mine to make it much shorter. Nobody is going to read that thing.

Hehe, i agree with you Uncontrol. I were also had mine edited to much shorter, which (for me) will give more convenient view, so they get the massage clearly.
(2011-04-21, 07:19 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]Well, This is the only thing that I really see as important...

"Any information you provide on these forums will not be disclosed to any third party without your complete consent, although the staff cannot be held liable for any hacking attempt in which your data is compromised."

Well, your right..i think i should add links (which privacy statement and rules page) to the registration agreement. Thanks for remind me this.
(2011-04-21, 07:19 PM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]Well, This is the only thing that I really see as important...

To be honest, no one cares about this. Hackers have dozens of techniques to screw the forums.