MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods cant ban?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well for me, mods and super mods can control the whole forum. Now, Mods can get to the ModCP but cant ban people. Now Supermods can get to the ModCP AND ban people. Mybb doesn't have this by default, is it possible to make this happen?
What message do they get when they try to ban? By default anyone with access to modcp can ban in the modcp

Are you using any plugin or something else to control the modcp permissions?
No, what I mean is. I want it so mods CANT ban but CAN get into the modcp. But I want to allow supermods to ban people and get into the modcp. Basically I am asking if it's possible to remove the ban feature from mods.
Oh. I thought you were saying that its not working. Well this is not possible without a core edit or a plugin.

Moved to requests.
What's the point of a mod that can't ban? Confused

Difference between mod and supermod is that mods can only moderate specific forums.
I agree, sites that block permissions like that usually don't work well. Anyways, don't know if this will work but you can try this:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/moderator-permissions
Well here is the reason, The forum that got me into the whole forum thing had it like I wish to have it. Mods can mod the whole FORUM and get into the modCP but cant ban where ask a supermod can mod the WHOLE site, all the forums and everything else and go in the modcp and can ban. Just trying to make things more comfortable for me. Aslo supermods is really trustful where as a mod is trustful but still in training. IMO. Thanks Jammerx2
OK, but banning is a necessary function. A mod can delete offending posts but what if there's a spammer, he can just keep re-posting because he cannot be banned by the mod? If you can't trust someone, don't make them a mod at all. There is a reason the system is this way.
Also, the ability to delete posts is worse than banning, banning can be reversed easily.
True, though you can use the Restore Delete plugin or something.
Pages: 1 2