MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate entry 'osula charles' for key 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi ,
everyday i am getting similar error in to my admin email (i activated to send all error log into admin email )
Type: 20
File:  (Line no. 0)
SQL Error: 1062 - Duplicate entry 'osula charles' for key 2
Query:
                       INSERT
                       INTO mybb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`msn`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`longregip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`)
                       VALUES ('************','43d0693b18f4610da2cadae8','4tMEa','KdisNllKtj6c66MwthebWPZtnSBjp4yUNRUpNNFJWAYmHhU','***************','0','','','2','','0','','1303455709','1303455709','1303455709','','0','','','','','','1','0','2','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','5.5','2','linear','0','','','41.206.15.18','701370130','','1','0','0','0','','','0','0','','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','')

i know its by duplicate user name exist ....
but can i have to bypass the error login ?

and in fact most users warn by ajax , if already a username exist for registration (like ******* is already registered by another member )

i dont know how still showing such error in to my error login system ...!
MyBB wouldn't be trying to insert a user with a username that already exists, it checks if the username exists first. Have you modified any code...??
no .... i not modified

and i am using following plugins

Add Spiders (0.1)
Break Email Links (1.2)
Fit on Page (2.3)
GOOGLE ANALYTiCS KODU EKLEME (1.4.20)
Google SEO (1.1.13)
iShare (1.0.0)
Meta - Tag Plugin (1.0)
Overview (3.2.1)
Page Manager (1.5)
PostAd (1.2.1)
Profile Comments (0.5.1)
SCD Hide From Groups (Free SCD Plugin) (2.5)
Simple TagCloud (beta) (0.9a)
ThankYou (3.0.6)
Undo Delete (1.2)

and i am using MyBB Version 1.6.3
its very funny while i try to submit duplicate user name ....it shows as usual warning
"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The username you entered already exists. Please enter a different username."

its Ok ... and normal case ....

but then how the above error logging ?
my forum has daily 600 registrations ....
where its logging single or double error per day .... may say happening seldom
Hope you have downloaded all plugins from mods.mybb.com only....

This may be action of person other than you, as per the error whoever is trying to do this doesn't look like legit too....He is trying from proxy ip to do this action....

Whats your MYBB Version...
Check its Latest 1.

1). Verify your Administrator usergroup...
2). Check All Usergroup and see no one has access to admin cp.
3). Check if there is anyunknow usergroup..

Verify everything if possible...Deactivate all plugins>>Export your theme from themes & template ['themes'] >>Backup your files from phpmyadmin>>Take a list of your all plugins installed from ACP>>Make FResh Installation of MYBB>>Upload same theme as the one you have now....>>Import yourbackup>>

Check your templates too....If there is nothing any malicious code inserted, if you can check that...other wise install new theme and do not import earlier exported theme....
can you say which script may produce this sql query ?

does member.php ?
bumbed .................
Run the file verification in Admincp >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification and check if there are any changed files.
i ran file verification the result was
showthread.php Changed (i intentionality changed to customize similar threads )
inc/class_parser.php Changed (i intentionality changed to come nofollow in post url)
inc/functions.php Changed (i intentionality changed to compatible with google SEO plugin )

in fact i believe both these changed file does'nt make that error ...
am sure .. some script from other than this creating this type of error

please let mw know which page script will run such type sql query ..which cause of above error
It'll be the registration script where it inserts the user. As I said though, it first checks if the username exists, so if it it gets to the stage where it inserts the user but the name already exists, there will be something different about your forum somewhere. What's your table encoding set to?? Try the UTF-8 conversion tool in the ACP.
i used UTF-8 conversion tool to convert database to UTF-8 6months before ....
now my data base is utf8 .... so that wouldn't make such problem

sir ... what about if AJAX works well to check already registers user ?

i don't know why does this error show seldom ...
Pages: 1 2 3