MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange Theme Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody.

I have a problem with the Theme-installation.
Each theme that I install is not shown completely. In some Themes the buttons are missing and in others the Background and other things doesnt appear.

The themes I have tried (round about 20) were all for MyBB 1.4 or 1.6. My MyBB Version is 1.6.1.
I have tried many things. Multiple installations, emptying the cache, up to review and adjust the .xml files.
The Pictures are in the right directory on my Webspace.

I hope you can help me.

Ps. Sry for my bad english. I hope you guys could understand my problem.

Regards - Trime
One thing to look for is to make sure the theme image folders are still named the same from the download package you have.

It would be a really good idea to upgrade your baord to the latest version (1.6.3) and the themes for 1.4 will more than likely not play well with 1.6.x with missing things or not even work at all.
Thanks for your answer.

As i wrote, the images are in the right directory. I've checked the .xml-files.
That's why I'm so confused.

That there are compatibility problems from 1.4.x themes on 1.6.x boards sounds logically.
But there are even with the 1.6.x themes the same problems.
Can you please name which themes these are?
I doubt it's the themes that are the problem if you've tried 20+ and they've all failed. Anything on the mods site is tested before it's approved anyway.

Is the CSS being loaded at all? What are your ./cache and ./cache/themes directories CHMOD to?

What's your URL?
Most of the time if something is made for 1.6 (and to an extent, 1.4) and it throws a 'made for a different version' error you can just try again but check the 'Ignore Version Compatibility' box and it will import the theme. For 1.4 themes, IIRC it'll try to add the 1.6 stuff automatically, but there will still be a couple of things missing.