MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK - Chris over at GoMobile found this to be a problem on two of my sites. I was trying to use the GoMobile theme and found I couldn't log in. It uses the same login page. We thought it was the theme but it's not.

http://MYSITE.com/member.php?action=login is broken.

This is on two sites. Both running upgrade to 1.6.3 (from 1.6.2).

I can use the quick login on the index page but if someone gets their password wrong, and they go to this page, they are screwed. It returns an "invalid username or password" error.

You can try to reset your password a thousand times via the system link, it still does the same thing.

I thought it was from an earlier issue that I thought Roboform caused but I think it's the page itself that breaks the login for the user.

I have two sites that work just fine, two that are 'busted'.

Does anyone have a clue what would cause this?

I thought of replacing files but what ones? All but the settings and config?

I'm afraid to do anything over the weekend with the sites busiest too.
Is your member_login template default?? Because the quick login and full login form submit essentially the same data to the same part of the same PHP file. If one form works and one doesn't it's unlikely it's member.php that's the cause, unless specific parts of it have been edited. Can we have the URL and a test account for the affected forum??
I'll pm you the info.

No the member.php is not the default. Index.php is.
Matt, I just want to let you know that I spent some time on the phone with the hosting company and they looked at the login keys' on the database and they can't find anything. They must have spent an hour fiddling to no avail.

They don't know much about the software.

I had called them first before posting here.
Matt, any ideas on this for me yet?
UPDATE:

I installed a new set of files hoping this would clear things up.

It did not.

I just tested it on several more boards I know of and my test board. All work fine except two of my sites.

I'm totally stumped.
Do you have any plugins installed?

Can you reproduce this on the default theme?

Is it possible for us to have urls and test accounts where this is happening so we can check it out?
Matt has a test account.

It does not have anything to do with plugins. I've tested this with plugins off and on, same effect.

I have 4 domains, two work fine, these two do not.

It does this no matter the theme. I have tested with Default and it does the same thing.
Found it was a plugin after all!

Thanks for anyone trying to help.

It was a typo in a plugin that for all intents and purposes, was working. We had recently upgraded that plugin too and never thought it tied to the login in such a way to bust it.

Wow, that was frustrating!