MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Save-Point.org - Game Development Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://save-point.org

We're pretty big and active, 3,523 members registered, and 23,348 posts in 2,946 threads. And getting bigger by the day (around 60 posts a day on average)

Formerly known as RMVXP.com, we are an independent game developing community which introduces people into the world of game making, beginner and pro alike. People can also download and post art and music for or from their games (or simply post for comments), socialize and talk about all aspects of being a game designer.

People can also download and submit each others gaming systems, I'm planning to have downloads system for this. But only if it works with newpoints.

What do you think of the theme by the way? My friend who used to own the forum made it from scratch. Smile
Looks nice and well organized
Could use the Google SEO plugin or something. other than that, very very nice Smile
That theme looks very good, is it custom? Smile

One thing though, get rid of the ad that covers the screen on the index, very annoying.
Wowww the interstitial ad is super annoying. Seems like a cool site though.
Having that many notification boxes in your header is a major turn off for me and probably a lot of other people, also put your forum stats above the board stats.
(2011-04-28, 08:23 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Having that many notification boxes in your header is a major turn off for me and probably a lot of other people, also put your forum stats above the board stats.

This.. no reason to show your forums stats before your actually forums.. anytime I see a site like this I close it and never return.
(2011-04-27, 02:22 PM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice and well organized
Could use the Google SEO plugin or something. other than that, very very nice Smile
We're looking into it at the moment, since we're not sure if it works with our new host. Thanks for the comment! Blush

(2011-04-27, 04:36 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]That theme looks very good, is it custom? Smile

One thing though, get rid of the ad that covers the screen on the index, very annoying.
Yeah, I hated those ads too, but strangely I only saw them once while using chrome (safari users on my forum could see them too), firefox 4.1 never showed them so I wasn't sure what everyone was seeing.

We've moved to a better host so no more ads from now on,

Yup! The theme is custom, made by a friend of mine. I'm planning to make my own one in future.

(2011-04-28, 08:23 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Having that many notification boxes in your header is a major turn off for me and probably a lot of other people, also put your forum stats above the board stats.
I'm not 100% sure about removing all the notification boxes but I could see into compacting or minimizing them, and I'll look into the board stats moving since I do agree sometimes they look a bit weird for new members. I'll see how my current members feel about moving it to the bottom.

Thanks for the critique! Smile