MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an unusual number of members register on my forum. I'm almost positive they are all just spammers.

Is there anything in particular to do or watch out for?

Thanks for any advice!
If you're unsure google their IP, it normally comes up with stopforumspam.com or a similar site.

You should enable Captcha and consider installing the Security Question plugin to prevent spam registrations.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I do have captcha enabled actually, although I'm not sure I have the security question enabled. Is there an easy way to enable that?

Thanks again!
It's a plugin which you should find in the Mods database. I would link you but I'm on my phone right now.

Once you've downloaded the zip you'll need to extract the files and upload them. Then activate the plugin by going ACP > Config > Plugins which should give you options to choose the questions in the settings.
Really really appreciate the help!
reCaptcha did not do it for me. It seems as though there is an automated method to circumvent it. I will give the Security Question Plugin a shot - thanks for posting!
The security question works, I haven't had a spammer in two weeks since I installed it. But that may be a coincidence.
Try stopforumspam or fassim anti-spam too - both are great plugins to prevent spam too Smile
thanks for the information, i was experiencing problems, i hope this works Smile