MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banner Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok... so I have made some custimizations to my MyBB forum... and one of them is the banner... I used the banner from my main site and put it as the one in the forum... the only problem is, is when you get on a resulution that is smaller than 1280x1024, it dosn't scale the banner... like the forum ends, and the banner keeps going... Incase you don't understand, Here is a screenshot <--- that is how it is NOT supposed to look.... This is how it is supposed to look ( I cut down the image some, for faster loading time... I'm running 1280x1024..)

So is there any code or somthing that I should put in, so the banner like stays with the rest of the template?

Thanks!
Well for me, i guess it is better to edit the image and have the size that fits into the place prefectly.

Resizing it within the site will ruin the nice look of the banner.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:Well for me, i guess it is better to edit the image and have the size that fits into the place prefectly.

Resizing it within the site will ruin the nice look of the banner.

regards

Well, it does fit into place perfectly, if your running 1280x1024 resulution or higher...

You see, I made my forum width the same size as my site width (so they would match) and I made my banner 800 pixels wide (can't remember the highth...)

so shouldn't mybb adjust the banner so that it fits how its supposed to, no matter what resulution you are running?

Thanks,

Snowy
hmm, what if you make your banner as background for the container, and replace your current logo with a blank gif one.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:hmm, what if you make your banner as background for the container, and replace your current logo with a blank gif one.

regards

I'm sorry, but I don't understand... Sad
Well, in the theme manager. Find Page Container

replace

background: #fff;
by
background: #fff url(images/urlogo.gif) top left no-repeat

now you will need to replace your old banner with a blank transparent gif image, so you can guard the space up and not to have any visible thing on the top of the background.

regards