MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme/template coding help for 'Realize' theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok all,

I want to do two really simple things and I don't know the first thing about manipulating code. Sometimes I can get lucky by changing some code around, seeing what it changes, then finding what code to use to get the results I want. I seem to be feeling around in the dark in a large room on this one. I've worked for hours and can't really get anywhere.

First, I would like to remove a search box that is part of the template. The code is as follows:

<div id="search">
<form action="search.php" method="post"><label for="search_box"><span id="search_left"></span></label><input name="keywords" id="search_box" title="{$lang->qthemes_typenenter}" type="text" class="textbox" value="{$lang->qthemes_typenenter}" onfocus="if(this.value == '{$lang->qthemes_typenenter}') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value == '') { this.value='{$lang->qthemes_typenenter}'; }" /><input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" /></form>
</div>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

I figured out how to remove the search box - just simply remove the code, right? Well, if I do that, then everything that lies underneath that code gets shifted. So what I'd like to do is change the above code to include blank spacing that equals the same amount of space that the search box takes up. This will keep everything lined up. Maybe not the best way to do it, but it's what I've come up with.

Also at the top of the screen, the theme/template includes a portion of the banner that has a link. If I remove that link, it changes the spacing of the banner. I feel that in order to get the results I want, I'm going to have to change code in the template and the theme. I'm not going to link any code here because I'm not sure which code includes what I need to change. I've been in both header areas in global.css and template areas and can make changes and get some results, but I can't get the thing completely removed.

The website address of my forum is http://www.groupr1100s.com. Is anyone familiar with the "Realize" theme? Please ask any questions that you might need answers to. I upgraded to 1.63 yesterday and my theme got manipulated to an unusable point. I then upgraded to the newer version of the theme, got everything working again, but now I can't get things back to the way that they were.

1. ) I want to remove the search box
2. ) There is a HTML link in the banner with a darkened box - I want that to go away

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.
OK. I was able to get the HTML link inside the banner to go away. I'm still unable to get the search box removed without altering the rest of the layout. Any suggestions on how I can remove that search box, yet retain the layout? Perhaps some type of spacing code?
OK. I was able to get the HTML link inside the banner to go away. I'm still unable to get the search box removed without altering the rest of the layout. Any suggestions on how I can remove that search box, yet retain the layout? Perhaps some type of spacing code?