MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Terrible Performance Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-04-24, 02:41 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]http://hdwebprovider.com - you won't regret it. I have a forum hosted there if you want to see the debug info.

Sure, could I check out the debug info on it? They look pretty good. What plan or so did you get? Are the dedicated servers there $$$ a month or for the year? It doesn't appear to say.

(2011-04-24, 02:42 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]There's a setting in the Admin CP too, search for Advanced Stats / Debug information and see if it's enabled.

Don't worry, there was a #debug{display: none;} in the global.css, it's all good now. Smile

Euantor Wrote:MyBBWebHost always used to seem good to me when I was with them. I've heard good things about asmallorange and hawk Host don't seem to be a bad option (no personal experience with either though). I'd stay away from places like JustHost and brand new startups from un-reputed companies though (eg: half the places seen advertised here...)

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't planning to go with anyone like 90% of the hosts around here. Toungue I used to love TheForumForge when Theo was incharge, now it's been sold off to HostRail. Ew. I love MyBBWebHost since it's usually pretty fast for me and the support there is great.
I use the business plan.
Dedicated is per month.
I'll have to put the forum back online, then I'll get the info.
Yeah, I was a TFF user too till HostRail took over. HostRail really really suck though. I used MyBBWebHost for a few sites and they were perfect for me. I have no idea why your load is so high with them - file a support ticket and see if they'll move you possibly?
Can't really comment on the serverload without knowing how many CPUs the server has.

The page generation time seems way too high to me though.

I always recommend LiquidWeb. More expensive than other hosts (plans starting at 14,95) but there is no better host. imho.

What you should look for is a host with other plans too, than only shared. This will make upgrading to better hosting (if the need arises) easier.
(2011-04-24, 02:53 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I use the business plan.
Dedicated is per month.
I'll have to put the forum back online, then I'll get the info.

Sure, thanks.

(2011-04-24, 02:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I was a TFF user too till HostRail took over. HostRail really really suck though. I used MyBBWebHost for a few sites and they were perfect for me. I have no idea why your load is so high with them - file a support ticket and see if they'll move you possibly?

Apparently some sites on the server are being hogs and using a lot of resources. If it continues they will be suspended within 24 hours.
I had a friend that uses MyBBWebHost while back; he had the same issues what you had and fed up so he changed host. He doesn't have the forum anymore so he sold it to someone who manages it better. I can't remember what the website was called again.

x10hosting is excellent in terms of prices, services, and support (if you asked me). Been with them for 1yr and few months and never had a problem until today lol. Their plans really cheap "to my eyes Angel"

This is my forum and only have 3 active members at the moment.
Generated in 0.0593119 seconds (88.36% PHP / 11.64% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 13 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0423949 / Memory Usage: 7.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 4.43 / GZip Compression: Disabled
Thanks, although I'd prefer not to go with x10.
if you're in shared-hosting.. try to debug at midnight Wink
and playing your new installed plugin/mod in the midnight..

It is not forum related, it's hosting and plugins performance.
If you list your mods here, I will give my opinion..

If you're still looking for a new host I'll have to suggest www.lithiumhosting.com. Everything about them is great.
Hey Trilobyte. Big Grin

You should go with http://hostgator.com and use any of their shared hosting deals. If you decide to go with them, please contact me so you can use my coupon code if you wish. It will help me out while making no difference to you! Big Grin

But yeah, they have amazing support. You can ask their live-chat for a quick problem (they are ALWAYS online) or you can create a ticket and their more experienced staff will reply. I'd recommend them by far.

But yeah, you should enable GZIP.
Pages: 1 2 3