MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Says that files need Chmodding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already did all of this via cPanel X

The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

And it still says that these are my requirements

Requirements Check
Requirements
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Supported DB Extensions: MySQL Improved, MySQL
Supported Translation Extensions: Multi-Byte, iconv
PHP XML Extensions: Installed
Configuration File Writable: Not Writable
Settings File Writable: Not Writable
Cache Directory Writable: Not Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable

Even though I already did all of that.

Someone please help!!
You made the files 777?
(2011-04-24, 06:02 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]You made the files 777?

Yes I did, it still displays the error.
Are you sure you changed the right thing?? Printscreen what you see in cPanel.
(2011-04-24, 06:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you changed the right thing?? Printscreen what you see in cPanel.

Yes I'm sure, there is too much to printscreen. There must be some kind of a bug.
Ugh, it's not a bug, you're CHMODing it wrong. If you PM me FTP details I'll fix it for you.
The install script tries to write to the files and folders to test if they're writeable. If it can't write to them, they're clearly not writable, hence it saying they're not writable. All we need a printscreen of is one page of your file manager that shows what CHMOD is set... Undecided
(2011-04-24, 06:57 PM)Backspacez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-24, 06:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you changed the right thing?? Printscreen what you see in cPanel.

Yes I'm sure, there is too much to printscreen. There must be some kind of a bug.
Printscreen multiple times.

What am I even printscreening?
The permission sets.
Pages: 1 2