MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.3 Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Folks

...the part of the instructions where it says:

"...Once the upgrade has completed, visit the Templates & Style area of your ACP – click on Templates on the left and go to the “Find Updated Templates”. Revise and amend all affected templates here, paying attention to headerinclude, index_boardstats and forumdisplay_threadlist."

When I list the updated templates - what am I supposed to revise and amend?

In other words - what am I looking for?

Cheers
What version were you upgrading from?
(2011-04-24, 05:53 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]What version were you upgrading from?

1.6.2 Smile

that what exactly what i mean when i asked in this thread
http://community.mybb.com/thread-92582.html
(2011-04-24, 06:00 PM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]that what exactly what i mean when i asked in this thread
http://community.mybb.com/thread-92582.html

Well the template changes listed in your thread by AJS seem to already be there after the upgrader has run - so why did he list them as "find and replace"

What did you do?? Huh

Those templates need to be reverted to default, or if you've made edits to them, view a diff report to see what you've added so you can add it back after reverting the template to default.
(2011-04-24, 06:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Those templates need to be reverted to default, or if you've made edits to them, view a diff report to see what you've added so you can add it back after reverting the template to default.

Thanks Matt

When I ran "Find Updated Templates" - I got the message:

"There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded."

So does that mean there's nothing further for me to do?

Cheers

Yep. Smile
So......

Let me play my current understanding back to you to see if I've got this (and thanks for your patience!):

After the upgrader has run - I do the "find updated templates"

If it doesn't list any - I'm OK?

But irrespective of that message, where I have a custom theme and have amended some of the templates in that theme, I need to run a diff report for those templates to identify my changes and store them somewhere(?) Then for each of these templates I click on "revert to default" and after that's been done, I add my changes back in again....

Have I got it? Huh
No, you only do anything if they're in the find updated templates list, otherwise the template hasn't been changed in the upgrade... if you've edited a template, and the upgrade updates that template, it won't undo your edits, it just updates the master copy of that template. However your edited version will then be missing code that's been updated in the upgrade, so you'll need to view a diff report on it on the find updated templates page, see what edits you made, then revert the template to default, so the changes the upgrade made are in it, then you can add your edits back.
Pages: 1 2