MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Backup to email [Plugin Now Found]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this is just a necessary plugin for everyone, and wouldnt be surprised if it hadnt been asked already.

The current MyBB ability to backup to the server isn't of any use if your server goes down.

So i ask, is there a way anyone could make a plugin that would back up all tables and have them sent to a desired email address daily/weekly?

Thanks Smile
Just use a cron job. It's far easier than writing a plugin. Aternatively, you could just take advantage of the MyBB Task System if you know nothing of cron.
I know nothing of cron. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction euantor?
Sure, but I'm not actually on the PC rigjt now, so somebody else may be able to help better till I get on it. The actual code you'll need is will be something like:

mysqldump -u your_database_user -p your_database_password your_database > file.sql

This will simply create a file though and won't email it to you as I can't remember the exact code for that.
Ok. Thanks for the help. I will look around, but hopefully someone can give clearer instructions as you said

Smile
This plugin seems to work!

Just sent me my database backup to email automatically

http://forum.vatlieu.us/Thread-auto-emai...-2128.html