MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Applications go to a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So how it works the user fills out the Applications then it sends it to say

Djs Applications

any plugin like this or could some pls make it
This might work if you change the compatibility:

http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=99
Tnx Josh do I need an account to download it
I think you do, there should be instructions on how to download things there. I think you need a certain amount of posts.
(2011-04-25, 12:42 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need a certain amount of posts.

No, they need to have 6 MyBux for a single download.
Alternatively, you could use a forum where the user can only view their own threads while admin/mods can see all the threads.
(2011-04-25, 07:34 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you could use a forum where the user can only view their own threads while admin/mods can see all the threads.

what?
(2011-04-25, 05:23 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-25, 07:34 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you could use a forum where the user can only view their own threads while admin/mods can see all the threads.
what?

You could set up something similar to the "Private Inquires" on this board. Threads posted in that forum are only visible to the original author and moderators/administrators. I know it's not a real application form but it is a valid alternative to have all applications in one place and offers you the ability to communicate with the applicant.

In AdminCP > Forums & Posts, edit the permissions of the forum you wish to use for that. Now edit the custom permissions for the groups that should only see their own threads and check the "Can only view own threads?" option. Save the permissions. For groups that need to see all threads in that forum, make sure that checkbox is checked off.
I think he wants to have a form that posts applications to that forum, I've seen it done like that before.