MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Should I buy it? I might get it via steam, but it's a bit expensive Confused is it worth it. I've read some comments like "Aw-Ma-GAWD Portal = Lulz FTW" and others like "what a waste if money - just like portal 1!"

I'm so confused Confused
I would imagine it's the same as portal 1. To my knowledge they didn't really anything new other than co-operative play.

So I would say wait till like a steam sale or something Big Grin.
I beat it in 4 hours, not worth it imo.
$50 for a game you can beat in 4 hours, not worth it. I paid 10 dollars for portal 1 and I think thats a fair price.
I just bought Portal 1 for $10, to see what it's all about. Maybe it's more fun after the initial stages, idk. From what I've observed so far it's not looking very promising though.
(2011-04-25, 01:34 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought Portal 1 for $10, to see what it's all about. Maybe it's more fun after the initial stages, idk. From what I've observed so far it's not looking very promising though.

Portal is really fun, its just way to short.
Its a really fun game, If you have friends that plan on investi8ng a lot of time into the game then go for it, but if your a single player kind of person maybe rent it or borrow it from a friend for the single player.
You all are insane. Maybe i'm all up in the valve thing, but god its amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. I'm waiting a few months, but its worth it :p
Wtf is wrong with you people? If it's too expensive, don't worry it'll be half price in a month, that's just how Valve rolls.

They added a ton of new interesting gameplay features, the graphics are better, etc.
I bought it from Amazon UK. Cost me 35€, I think that's a fair price for this game. Steam wanted 45-50€, so I saved 10-15€. Plus I got a nice Portal 2 DVD box. Smile

Single player took me about 8 hours, however I was really taking my time, listening to all the dialogs and looking at all the details (that I could find anyway). Sure you can probably just rush through all the test rooms like a madman and beat the game in much less time, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the game nearly as much if I did that.

Multi player took me about 2 hours; it's much shorter than single player, and doesn't have much of a story. However it's great fun to solve puzzles with a partner so I see lots of potential for additional / custom made maps there. Unfortunately by the nature of a puzzle game, once you know the solution it's only half as much fun playing through it a second time.

All in all, I like Portal 2 a lot. Yes, you can finish it in a day - but unfortunately that's true for almost all games nowadays. That's the cost of great graphics and extremely detailed levels - building those takes ages, that's just how it is. It's the same for the Half-Life 2 Episodes, they're short too, even though they take as much time and effort to make as any other game.

In a way, these modern 3D games are like movies - they cost a fortune and take years in the making, but despite of hundreds of people being involved in the process they have a run time of just a few hours anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3