MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it just me, or is there major lag when you're in the PM editor for a long time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests, everytime I'm in the PM editor, writing a message, after a couple of min, everything just gets really slow. Is it a known issue?
Do you have any plugins enabled?
Try to add the following to inc/init.php the line after "<?php":
define('NO_PLUGINS', true);

If that works, then it's a plugin and then we need to find what plugin it is.
After testing you can remove that line again from inc/init.php
What browser are you using?? We know IE stuggles a bit with the editor, but it's usually due to the amount of content rather than how long you have it open. I believe there are some plans to make the editor more efficient in the not-too-distant future.
I always use chrome, and it's on this site.

I always leave my PM editor open while I do something else, and when I'm ready to type, I go to my tab and it is lagging unbelievably. As in I pretty much give up trying to type in it, and end up closing and reopening the editor. It's really that bad, and I doubt I'm the only one experiencing it...
Try to leave your PM editor open on this board and see if you have the same problem. If so, it's probably your browser or your computer because I can't reproduce your problem (using chrome). If not, it's probably a plugin on your board that does Javascript actions in the background or something. Disable all plugins as I suggested above and see if the problem still exists.
He stated it's on this site. It's odd that this happens only to you and only after you leave it open for a short while. Do you have any dodgy extensions installed for chrome?
(2011-04-26, 07:22 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]He stated it's on this site. It's odd that this happens only to you and only after you leave it open for a short while. Do you have any dodgy extensions installed for chrome?

Oh, sorry. Must have overlooked that.
But then it's indeed a problem with your browser/computer. Some extensions can really slow down the browser experience.
I've never had this problem in Chrome (or any other browser) either.
Well we've not had anybody else report it, and I've often had a tab open with the text editor in it for half a day and it's been OK, and I use Chrome too. If it gets really laggy really quickly it seems more likely it's a browser extension or something.