MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot see Archive Mod of my Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had installed mybb forums before some months, it was going fine and i could see archive mod but now i cant , now when i click on lite/archive mod it opens /archive/index.php and shows a blank page , no message

link of archive mod on my forums : http://www.thefunpalace.net/archive/index.php
It was a new installation but i backed up files once

Can you please help me with that
- Reupload the contents of the archive folder with a clean download
- Check your server's error logs for anything logged there when you access the archive
- Check file/folder permissions (should get logged in server's logs)
- Temporarily disable any htaccess files you may have to rule out a misconfiguration
I tried reuploading archive folder with new zip file downloaded from mybb.com but still cant , i cant find any error logs in Admin CP and how to disable htaccess.
This is my HTACESS file:
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.thefunpalace.net/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^search/(.*)/(.*)/(.*).html?$ search.php?search=$3&page=$2&type=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^buysong/(.*).html?$ buysong.php?track=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^sources/(.*)/(.*).mp3?$ sources/$1/$2.php [L]
</IfModule>

<ifModule mod_php4.c>
#php_value zlib.output_compression 16386
</ifModule>

<ifModule mod_php5.c>
#php_value zlib.output_compression 16386
</ifModule>
# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://www.thefunpalace.net/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404
The error logs I asked you to check are the server error logs, not MyBB's logs.

These would be in your host's control panel or through ssh if you have access to that. Check those.

Do this:

Delete the archive/index.php
- Create a new file called index.php and put the following in it:

Hello World!

Now upload this file to the archive folder and access the archive page.

Did you see a page that says Hello World or did you see a blank page again?

You can now upload the original index.php from MyBB's archive/index.php overwriting the temporary file we created.
I did exactly the same thing u said , i upload index.php in archive folder , it should Hello world written , but when i replaced that file with the orignal index.php file (Downloaded today from mybb) it still showed blank page , and yea i check error logs , none of the log is related to this , all are related to Images , Favicon and chat . But got this log
[Mon Apr 25 16:19:36 2011] [error] [client 66.249.66.11] script '/home/thefun/domains/thefunpalace.net/public_html/content.php' not found or unable to stat , is this the problem becuase of this file?
The content.php file is not a default MyBB file but it shouldn't affect the archive.

Could you PM me your ftp/cpanel details so I could have a more intricate look?
(2011-04-25, 11:27 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The content.php file is not a default MyBB file but it shouldn't affect the archive.

Could you PM me your ftp/cpanel details so I could have a more intricate look?

Sent you details in site PM.:
After troubleshooting this I found that your host has disabled some php functions (exec) but the way they have disabled them is weird, rather than returning false for the functions or making a clean exit they are hanging the script ending it prematurely.

To get round the problem I commented out the block where exec was needed to check the system load.

in archive/global.php:

Find:
if($uptime = @exec("uptime"))
	{
		preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/", $uptime, $regs);
		$load = $regs[1];
		if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != 1 && $load > $mybb->settings['load'] && $mybb->settings['load'] > 0)
		{
			archive_error($lang->error_loadlimit);
		}
	}

Replace with:
/*if($uptime = @exec("uptime"))
	{
		preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/", $uptime, $regs);
		$load = $regs[1];
		if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != 1 && $load > $mybb->settings['load'] && $mybb->settings['load'] > 0)
		{
			archive_error($lang->error_loadlimit);
		}
	}*/