MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated my site with the new update. But now I am to this step and out of 100% I understand 0% of the following steps. If someone can tell me how to do this for me step by step I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Thank You

Quote:Once the upgrade has completed, visit the Templates & Style area of your ACP – click on Templates on the left and go to the “Find Updated Templates”. Revise and amend all affected templates here, paying attention to headerinclude, index_boardstats and forumdisplay_threadlist.

If you wish to manually patch your board please download “1.6.3 patches” and follow the instructions in that file. You are also required to amend templates to ensure functionality for your board. For this, please download “1.6.3 template patches” and follow the instructions – you must do these for all custom themes you have installed.

1.6.3 patches
1.6.3 template patches

Please remember that applying patches should only be a temporary measure until you can fully upgrade your board. The upgrader is required to run to allow the default templates to be updated with the new security fixes.

Also by making those templates new the way it says, Won't it make all the changes I have done gone and I will have to sit here for days working my butt off doing it all over again?
(2011-04-25, 10:10 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Once the upgrade completed, Just Open global.css and save. (Do nothing just save) You'll not lose the edits you performed for those templates.

No.

Go to AdminCP > Themes & Templates > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you the templates that need to be updated to complete the update. In the Options dropdown menu you can choose to view the differences or revert it. First check the difference. Green text means that is added, red text means that it has been removed. If the changes don't affect your custom changes, Revert/Update the template to the original/update. Otherwise you need to manually adjust the templates to include the changes that are made.
(2011-04-25, 10:10 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Once the upgrade completed, Just Open global.css and save. (Do nothing just save) You'll not lose the edits you performed for those templates.

But than wouldn't it make this update pointless to not do what they say to do? Because there is 11 updated templates on the list.

(2011-04-25, 10:19 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]

No.

Go to AdminCP > Themes & Templates > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you the templates that need to be updated to complete the update. In the Options dropdown menu you can choose to view the differences or revert it. First check the difference. Green text means that is added, red text means that it has been removed. If the changes don't affect your custom changes, Revert/Update the template to the original/update. Otherwise you need to manually adjust the templates to include the changes that are made.

Alright I will be trying your way now. If I have to manually change all this its going to take me days. :/
Ok I just finished reverting everything. So now its completely finished right? Because i don't want to change anything again if its not ready. Thanks
If you have already reverted then you when you go to find updated templates the list should be empty. This tells you that they are all up-to-date.
(2011-04-25, 11:09 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If you have already reverted then you when you go to find updated templates the list should be empty. This tells you that they are all up-to-date.

Yup thats exactly what it says. Smile
Also is this suppose to be in headerinclude?
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/css/colorpicker.css" type="text/css" />

Because I don't really recall putting it there. But I don't want to mess my theme up or any plugins.
It's not in the original headerinclude. The css-folder is also not an original folder of MyBB. It's either a plugin or your theme that added that. Did you disabled all plugins before you started the update?
(2011-04-25, 06:14 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]It's not in the original headerinclude. The css-folder is also not an original folder of MyBB. It's either a plugin or your theme that added that. Did you disabled all plugins before you started the update?

No I didn't, I have over 50 plugins which are basically all customized. It would take me a long time to do it all over. I removed it but I didn't notice anything change and have had no problems. So I think I will just keep it off for now. Unless I notice something wrong. Anyways thanks everyone!
Disabling all plugins is a necessary step in upgrading MyBB. Most plugins make template adjustments in their activation/deactivation functions. If a plugin made template changes to a template that is included in the update and you revert that template, the plugin will not function anymore. You might be lucky if it didn't happen now but it's a possible scenario.
(2011-04-26, 06:59 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling all plugins is a necessary step in upgrading MyBB. Most plugins make template adjustments in their activation/deactivation functions. If a plugin made template changes to a template that is included in the update and you revert that template, the plugin will not function anymore. You might be lucky if it didn't happen now but it's a possible scenario.

I added everything back manually after reverting. Besides the one thing I said above. Only because it didn't sound like anything that I put their.