MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language CHMOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to change language chmod 666 ( That info i get in forum ), but when i change forum have error. I can't change language settings in forum because i have error:
Before you can edit the language file, you must CHMOD the files in this language set so that the server has permission to write to them.

Thanks for all. Wink
Maybe you can explain what the error you get actually is...??
Did you CHMOD just the folder? I think you have to CHMOD the actual files.
If you chmodded the language directory 666 as well, that's your problem, since directories also need the executable bit, so it'd be 5 or 7 for directories, not 6.
(2011-04-25, 09:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can explain what the error you get actually is...??

Before you can edit the language file, you must CHMOD the files in this language set so that the server has permission to write to them.
And you are CHMODing the actual files inside ./inc/languages/english/and not the folder, yes?? If you still get the error after setting the CHMODs, then the files still aren't writable...
it also depends on the server configuration regarding security, what user account php is running as, etc.