MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Translate Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Version: 1.1
Update: 13.07.2011
Description
This plugin uses the Google Translation API to provide quick translation of webpages written in foreign languages to the board standard language. You can easily chose your language from 32 languages.
Features
Using Ajax technology anyone can translate your board in his language. Moreover when someone chose a language then we set a cookie to save his option.
- uses google translate API;
- fast and flexible;
- set your custom language board using a setting;
- you can use this plugin with other SEO plugins;
Install
Copy into your directories all files that you can find in archive (in the directories specified) and activate plugin using the Admin CP.
Update
From version 1.0 - please follow these steps :
  1. Deactivate the old plugin from Admin Control Panel > Settings > Google Translate Bar (v1.0);
  2. Go to Admin Control Panel > Templates & Styles > Templates > Your theme > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude and delete all this section of code :
    <script src="http://www.google.com/jsapi" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">google.load('jquery', '1.3.2');</script><script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/jquery.translate-1.4.7.js"></script>
  3. Upload the new files on your server;
  4. Activate plugin;
  5. Engoy!
ChangeLog
[v1.1][13.07.2011]
- Now when you uninstall this plugin all additional templates will be removed!
- Solve important conflict between JS libraries (Thanks to 'faviouz' from mybb.com)
[v1.0][25.04.2011]
- First release
Support
For support please post here or contact us now - http://mybb.ro.
Screenshots
[attachment=22446] [attachment=22447]
Download
http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-translate-bar
This has messed up my whole forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi friends...
More information (Turkish)
http://destek.mybb.com.tr/mybb-google-tr...onusu.html

Thanks, @ mihu , (Surdeanu Mihai)

Turkish Language: [Image: Turkey.GIF]
Version: v1.0
Very nice Plugin Guys!
(2011-04-26, 10:55 PM)Rapodo Wrote: [ -> ]This has messed up my whole forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you tell me what is the problem? (screenshot, forum link ?)
Not posting anymore links and images this mod was my last straw its about time all you so called developers test your mods fully before allowing it to be downloaded. One completely pulled my site of the web because I've had nothing but Hassel from untested and unfinished mods, I had a very busy forum and will no longer have anything to do with Mybb. It's a bloody joke they allow untested mods to be realised, and to give you two of the problems with this mod it broke the loading please wait image, continuous spinning also this broke the quick reply box when submitting a reply received server error page whenever tried to post. Even disabling this mod did not cure it. It's my final straw, shame a good forum gets messed up by crap testers
(2011-04-27, 11:47 AM)Rapodo Wrote: [ -> ]Not posting anymore links and images this mod was my last straw its about time all you so called developers test your mods fully before allowing it to be downloaded. One completely pulled my site of the web because I've had nothing but Hassel from untested and unfinished mods, I had a very busy forum and will no longer have anything to do with Mybb. It's a bloody joke they allow untested mods to be realised, and to give you two of the problems with this mod it broke the loading please wait image, continuous spinning also this broke the quick reply box when submitting a reply received server error page whenever tried to post. Even disabling this mod did not cure it. It's my final straw, shame a good forum gets messed up by crap testers
Hello!
The problem is caused by one of the plugins that you have installed beside it. If you wish to see test forum please acces this link : http://mybbromania.com/mybb.
This is because Google Translate Bar is in conflict with another plugin that you have already installed on your board, who use jQuery or Prototype library.
I have not tested the plugin with all other existing modifications to see where is the conflict!
Well according to the features on the mod download page it clearly says it can be used with other Seo plugins when clearly now you say it can't, so clearly another watermelon up by the Mybb developers. Anyway rant over all the best everyone.
(2011-04-27, 12:17 PM)Rapodo Wrote: [ -> ]Well according to the features on the mod download page it clearly says it can be used with other Seo plugins when clearly now you say it can't, so clearly another watermelon up by the Mybb developers. Anyway rant over all the best everyone.
That does not mean that I took every SEO plugin and I tested it.
Wow @ Rapodo. Just wow. I don't have any other comment to make.

@OP: Nice plugin. Pity I use chrome that translates pages itself Smile
Pages: 1 2